Sunday, June 3, 2007

June 3, Sunday

It seems a waste to set up a blog for one posting. However, as some of us who are new to blogging have noted, it's also strange to be talking to oneself in cyberspace. I am in my usual Sunday afternoon state. I have class preparations to finish for tomorrow. I've pulled out my folders, logged into Blackboard and managed to set up syllabi and input grades, but I still need a training session before I really feel competent. Midas was such a comfortable system for me; I'm sorry to lose it.
It's a beautiful day out and I wouldn't be able to be inside now if I hadn't already had my fun in the sun. I took a short bike ride this morning to Rio Vista Park to check on the progress being made on the bridge that will connect the Desert Harbor neighborhood to the park. Right now, kids who want to go to the park have to get a ride or cut across the wash. I also had a short swim. It's been a month since I did laps in the GCC pool and I can feel that I'm out of swimming shape. I have to check to see if the pool opened over Memorial Day weekend.
Well, I've procrastinated enough. Back to work!

No comments: