Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More than 23 things

Classes started today at GCC, so I'll be busy with more than 23 things in the next five weeks. I've made it through the first day. The two classes have great students, and when I looked at my rosters a few hours ago, there were already more students! It will be the usual hectic first few days, and then, hopefully, we can settle into a routine and learning.
The 7.5 Habits for Learning can also be applied to planning for courses. The first habit is really important; "begin with an end in mind". As the course schedule is crafted, knowing where the class should be in five weeks is a strong influence. I'd like to use technology to support the class, but the new version of Blackboard is one of the "challenges" for now.
I'd write more, but I have preparation to do for class tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dr. Cooper said...

Hi Mary Jane,
What a hectic start to this summer session. Imagine trying to teach an online class with all the trouble Bb was giving us. Well, that's what I was dealing with, but the storms seems to have passed.

So let's go riding or running soon.

Blogrookie said...

Hi, MJ,

Great picture! :)

Ruth

swimweezswim said...

I miss you at the pool too!

Louise